Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tornado Season / Gift Cards / Health Reform & You

Do you have your safe place ready for tornado season? For us in the south, the season is upon us. I keep our bicycle helmets in our safe room at home. I also move heavy items from their normal spots on the higher shelves. It's easier at work, I just head down to the lower level of library. Be prepared!

I used a Christmas gift card last week. I held my breath while the cashier swiped the card because it might have expired while I was saving it for a special reason. Now, I won't have to worry about new gift cards because the Federal Reserve announced rules to restrict fees and expiration dates

How will the new health reform legislation effect you? The White House has a section, What will the President's proposal mean for you? on their health reform website and a March 23 blog post, What's in the Health Care Bill? Of course, these aren't the only ways for you to learn more. The Samford community may wish to search for newspaper articles on this topic using our newspaper databases.